Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Long time no blog

Sorry about the long absence. I packed up my family and all our belongings and moved us all to North Carolina. New house, new schools, new job, tons of new furniture. Stuff has been busy, and good!

Yeah, whatever, on to the girly stuff!

I'm way into makeup now and I'm having a ton of fun. I want to get some vlogs with reviews and tutorials up because I'm spending a good bit of time (and some $$) on trying different products and lines to find just what I want. However, my mac's charger/adapter died and so I'm using the dude's old laptop and I've no idea how to film/edit on here (not that I did much editing on my mac anyway).

Right now I'm really looking for a good foundation routine. I had been wearing a tinted moisturizer from Wet n' Wild and while I was really liking it, it wasn't giving me the coverage I was really looking for. I watched a bunch of videos and read some reviews and decided to give Revlon coverstay liquid foundation a try. It's inexpensive and got some really great reviews for a drugstore brand. So far, I like it but I'm not in love. The color is a bit off, so I might try a lighter shade and try to blend them together to get that right. I bought the one for normal to dry skin and I still feel like it is drying. My face feels a bit tight when it's on and my skin seems to really soak up my moisturizer when I clean it off at night. :/ I may try some more expensive options after the new year.

I feel like I have a lot of eye shadows, liners and brushes I like so I should probably do a full review of those.

I'm still really learning how to use blush effectively but when I do it well, I love the look! I got a little sampler kit from Tarte and it came with this awesome cheek stain. It's gorgeous! So I'm playing with that a bit and figuring out how it works.

Lipstick is hit or miss with me. Some days I really nail it bust most days I feel like my color and gloss choices are close-but-no-cigar, yk? Learning curve!

My nails are doing awesome! I broke a few over the last couple of weeks (housework, I shake my fist at you!) but I think I've got a good length now and a good routine for care and manis.

I think that covers most of the major stuff I've been doing for cosmetics.

Oh! I bought a straightener and ironed my hair. Wore it straight for a couple of days. It's a ton of work but it's fun to have such a different look. I definitely don't want to do that very often, but it's nice to have the option for a big change like that. My curls are doing well with the plopping and smoothing routines so not much change on that front.

I got a ton of new clothes, mainly office wear as I was training for the new job and had meetings and interviews and whatnot. Discovered that Ross is a totally fucking awesome place for fat chicks. Totally great cheap dresses. I own several pairs of shoes now that are NOT flip flops so that's a new thing. lol I may have to get some pics or videos of my outfits and shoes up.

Ok, I've babbled long enough. I think I've caught up on the major bits anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment