Sunday, January 23, 2011

Straight hair!

So, in the past few months I've learned a lot about straightening my hair. Keys to success with my hair (YMMV):
Wear hair in braids or bun with lots of leave in conditioner the day before
Heat protection spray. I'm using



and I love it.
High heat ceramic plated straightening iron (I don't blow dry, it's too damaging. Plus, I don't own a blow dryer. lol) I'm using this iron, from Sally Beauty Supply.



One to two passes, with a comb in front, through each section of hair.
A wee bit of this, or a drop of olive oil, each morning:


Protective style for sleeping.
Do not wash for several days (the longer, the better it seems since it gives my hair a chance to rebuild its own oils)

Results!





1 comment:

  1. How purrtty definitely need to start taking better care of my hair all the straightening and dying ive done this past year :( good to see this product works maybe I'll give a try

    ReplyDelete